Founded by educators, entrepreneurs, and engineers, Bloom KKCA Academy is an innovative, project-based, bilingual school for G1-6 students. From a NASA engineer to a certified forest school educator, our teachers are what make Bloom special. Our approach to education is to look past conventional expectations to attend to the child in front of us, the whole child, full of unique potential. Our bilingual curriculum (Mandarin and English) combines a project-based approach with research-based, academically rigorous programs. Our founding team shares an intense passion for changing the way education prepares students for the future. We have led academic programs at top local and international schools on five continents, and we are excited to bring those diverse perspectives to building Bloom KKCA Academy. Learn more at www.bloom.edu.hk (http://www.bloom.edu.hk).
We are seeking a passionate educator who is committed to high quality teaching, creative and rigorous curriculum development, and positive education. We hope to work together with teachers who embrace collaborative planning, multicultural education, innovative practices, and hands-on, child-centered learning. This teaching position provides significant opportunities for professional growth.
- Founder and Head of School
- Deputy Principal
- Help develop G1-6 curriculum and teach art classes that meet standards and learning objectives
- Design and deliver lessons on the basic art principles, techniques, history and aesthetics, balancing eastern and western traditions.
- Prepare and arrange art materials and equipment for students to use
- Give drawing and painting demonstrations to teach techniques, e.g. instruct students in working in different drawing, painting, and coloring techniques
- Assign art projects and assess finished work and maintain records and documentation of student learning and progress
- Organize art exhibitions to display the artworks of students and help them develop portfolios
- Support school administration in developing art programs
- Develop creative expression and nurture artistic abilities
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Visual Art/ Fine Art or Art related certificates subject with minimum 2 years of teaching experience in Arts
- Fluency in oral and written English. Cantonese and Mandarin preferable
- Must be creative, passionate, patient, friendly, responsible, energetic and LOVE working with children
- Skillful in Sketching, Watercolor, Acrylic, Colored Pencil, Pastel is necessary.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently
- Having a pleasant personality and enjoying interacting with people of all ages
- Satisfactory criminal background check
Qualified candidates will be remunerated with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information will be used for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be expected to begin by August 2023.