Founded by educators, entrepreneurs, and engineers, Bloom KKCA Academy is an innovative, project-based, bilingual school for G1-6 students. From a NASA engineer to a certified forest school educator, our teachers are what make Bloom special. Our approach to education is to look past conventional expectations to attend to the child in front of us, the whole child, full of unique potential. Our bilingual curriculum (Mandarin and English) combines a project-based approach with research-based, academically rigorous programs. Our founding team shares an intense passion for changing the way education prepares students for the future. We have led academic programs at top local and international schools on five continents, and we are excited to bring those diverse perspectives to building Bloom KKCA Academy. Learn more at www.bloom.edu.hk (http://www.bloom.edu.hk).
The role of the Laboratory Technician is essentially to assist the Teachers in the delivery of the education program within the classroom and support the activities within and outside the classroom to ensure students are safe, happy and learning in a positive and nurturing environment.
- Founder and Head of School
- Deputy Principal
- Director of Creativity and Innovation
- Director of STEM
- Support in regular teaching and in the day-to-day operations of the school lab spaces
- Work with the innovation team to ensure that the labs meet appropriate safety standards, are well-maintained, and that all necessary materials and resources are ordered, organized and stored appropriately.
- Ensure the successful implementation of lessons by supporting teachers in the execution of an engaging and dynamic program.
- Maintain software and hardware, including tools, robotics, STEAM kits and other equipment
- Maintain an environment on campus and online that encourages learning, prototyping, sharing of ideas, productive failure, thinking and collaboration.
- Assist teachers in technology-related projects, researching apps, sites and educational tools.
- Assist in maintaining reports and statistics that correspond to the labs and to assist in training for teachers in the use of the facility.
- Track, document, and maintain inventory and service records and purchase new consumables
- Participate in planning meetings and safety measures.
- Support project exhibitions and presentations
- Bachelor degree in Science or related discipline
- Fluency in oral and written English. Cantonese and Mandarin preferable
- At least 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Previous experience of working with students in a school or university would be an advantage
- Certificate in teaching assistant or other related courses would be ideal
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Satisfactory criminal background check
Qualified candidates will be remunerated with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com). Personal information will be used for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be expected to begin by August 2022.