Founded by educators, entrepreneurs, and engineers, Bloom KKCA Academy is an innovative, project-based, bilingual school for G1-6 students. From a NASA engineer to a certified forest school educator, our teachers are what make Bloom special. Our approach to education is to look past conventional expectations to attend to the child in front of us, the whole child, full of unique potential. Our bilingual curriculum (Mandarin and English) combines a project-based approach with research-based, academically rigorous programs. Our founding team shares an intense passion for changing the way education prepares students for the future. We have led academic programs at top local and international schools on five continents, and we are excited to bring those diverse perspectives to building Bloom KKCA Academy. Learn more at www.bloom.edu.hk (http://www.bloom.edu.hk).
Effective teachers who continually learn and set high expectations are the key to student academic and holistic success. In addition to the traditional responsibilities excellent teachers assume outside of the typical school day, a Bloom KKCA Academy teacher will also assume the exciting responsibilities and challenges of starting a new school. Successful candidates will have proven teaching ability and be able to act as a pedagogical leader as the program grows.
We are seeking a passionate educator who is committed to high quality teaching, creative and rigorous curriculum development, and positive education. We hope to work together with teachers who embrace collaborative planning, multicultural education, innovative practices, and hands-on, child-centered learning. This teaching position provides significant opportunities for professional growth.
- Founder and Head of School
- Deputy Principal
- Claim ownership of the privilege and responsibility to teaching to ensure high levels of student development across all continua
- Establish a supportive, positive classroom culture that sets high expectations and is student-centered
- Consistently teach with purpose, clarity, effectiveness, and engagement
- Carefully monitor student progress and make necessary adjustments to ensure students flourish
- Work collaboratively to plan and implement regular field trips and real-world learning opportunities
- Implement and expand upon our chosen positive education program
- Incorporate technology into the learning process when appropriate
- Encourage children’s creative development through stories, songs, games, art, and imaginative play
Communication & Community
- Communicate regularly with families as partners in the education of their children
- Model expectations to students by arriving to school on time, being prepared to teach, and reflecting our values
- Maintain strong communication lines with colleagues and regularly collaborate
- Participate in and initiate productive student-centered discussions
- Work to foster a positive, engaging work environment
- Attend all professional development and staff meetings
- Ensure that curriculum documentation is up-to-date
- Assist in development of curriculum mapping
- Participate in the formation of the school’s strategic development
- Regularly document student progress, including informal observations, running records, and quarterly reports
- Perform clerical duties, as required
Knowledge, Abilities, Strengths, and Interests
- Knowledge of:
- Child growth and development
- Current trends, research, and best practices
- Primary content areas
- Ability to:
- Employ varied teaching methods
- Create a positive and productive learning environment
- Motivate students, colleagues, and key stakeholders
- Handle problems and concerns with sensitivity and tact
- Confidently and competently communicate orally and in writing with students, parents, and others
- Plan, establish priorities, and implement “activities” for maximum effectiveness
- Use a range of assessments to determine student achievement and then analyze results in order to determine actions for improvement
- Work effectively with peers, administrators, and others
- Value unique perspectives, experiences, and personalities to build relationships
- Personal Attributes:
- Organized and efficient
- Critical and creative thinker
- Inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Approachable and positive
- Innovative and flexible
- Comfortable working and flourishing in an ever-changing environment
- Self-starter, proactive, and an active learner
- Creativity and innovation
- Hands-on learning
- Positive education
- Professional development
- Minimum five (5) years of successful classroom (or similar) teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Native fluency in English
- Current teaching certification or licensure
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- M.A. or M.Ed.
- Experience teaching PYP, project-based learning, Reggio Emilia, or similar programs
- Specialist certification (reading, math, STEM, forest school)
- Ability to teach other content areas (arts, PE, etc.)
Qualified candidates will be remunerated with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, and educational philosophy to email@example.com. Optional: please create a 2-minute video answering the following questions:
1. What makes you passionate about teaching the next generation of students?
2. Give an example of how you have implemented project-based learning and/or demonstrated innovation in your practice.
3. In 3 words, describe how one of your current / former students would describe you.
4. Tell us something cool about yourself that reflects your personality!
Personal information will be used for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be expected to begin by August 2022.